Monday, February 8, 2010

Guitar Onesie and Tutu

I had a baby shower I went to over the weekend, so that means the week before was my creative time. I always try new things when I have a deadline - like a present to give. So that way I don't put off the project.

I used the guitar applique pattern and tutu idea here - and i used the tutu technique of wrapping it on cardboard here - made it much easier.


The headband is a knee high that I cut the toe and elastic top off and sewed together - adding a ribbon loop at the seam so that the hair clips can be interchangeable.

I keep a pack of onesies in my fabric stash so that I can use them when I need them - it's hard to not grab from that stash to use on my kids instead of doing laundry when they run out of clean ones :) I suggest getting a pack of gerber onesies at Jo-Anns when you have a 40% off coupon. Some days I'm just wandering the store with nothing imparticular that I need so instead of letting the coupon go to waste - I buy some onesies. They're usually in the isle with the fabric paint - in my store, it's next to the yarn isles.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, I looooove how this turned out! I cannot wait until we have kids and you can make cute stuff for them...he he ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these items...soooo cute! Would you do a tutorial on the tulle headband? Or did you do this from a tutorial already available? I love that it matches and would like to make one, but can't seem to figure it out!

    Thanks.

    Heather in IN
    savingmoney2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable outfit!! I love how it came out!

    Thank you for linking my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete