- For the front, I used flannel - depending on the layout of the print pattern, you can get about a 1/4 of a yard or less to make multiple cloths. I bought 1/4 yard of the pink fabric and would be able to get 5 burp cloths out of it
- I cut up some kitchen waffle towels to make the back - they are microfiber and really absorbant, plus they don't slip around since the towel clings a bit. I found a 2-pack of these plain white ones at Wal-Mart for about $3.50. I got 2 pieces out of the one towel with some left over if I wanted to make a smaller rectangle one.
- Cut 4 pieces of fabric from pattern (download pattern here). I used flannel for the 2 fronts and 2 backs out of microfiber waffle towel.
- Place right sides together and pin the pieces to eachother
- Sew at 1/4" seam allowance (or at the presser foot) . . . BUT leave a couple inches on one of the sides un-sewn
- Turn the cloth right side out through the hole you left in the side seam
- Iron edges
- Top-stitch around the entire edge to keep in place and to close the hole in the side - I sewed it pretty close to the edge
Optional - I added a white circle with a green heart on one end with wonder under (applique). After ironing the pieces on, I stitched around the edge of the circle to add detail.