Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tulle Wreath

There are tulle wreaths out all over blogland, and they are all a bit different - from where they position the knot (on the edge, or in the front), to what the wreath is out of (wire or styrofoam) and how long they cut the strips of tulle.
I liked a couple different looks, but none explained what they did.  So I decided to just go for it.  My wreath is a styrofoam wreath form, and I cut my tulle to 16"x4" strips, folded them in half and pulled the loose ends around the wreath and through the loop in the folded end of the tulle.  I centered my knots near the front edge.  I can't remember how many yards of tulle I bought, but I think it was either 3 or 4, and I used all of it - no waste!

I'm still trying to decide if I want to add a pop of color (possibly orange) to it, but I just love the houndstooth ribbon.  I'll probably leave it alone this year and then try a pop of color next year.

**the little spider taped to the door is a glitter spider from Michaels  in case anyone wanted to know.  They look awesome taped up to the wall or fireplace pillars.

No comments:

Post a Comment