Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yarn "Love" Letters

I stumbled on an amazing new blog - My Sister's Suitcase.  I love the crafts they've done so far and see this as a top blog I follow!

They made these awesome yarn letters for Valentine's Day.  I have a ton of yarn in the garage - the benefit of having a sister that crochets like crazy and gives me most of her left over yarn from her finished projects.  So I dug around for a while and found 3 colors that would give this Ombre effect - red, fuschia, and light pink.
**Be sure to check out the photos of the original - my fuzzy phone picture doesn't do it justice.

I had trouble with the "O" since it was curved and not straight like the others.  I'm still not happy that the yarn lines aren't all horizontal.  Believe me, I tried, but had too many issues, so I just ended up doing it in the round way like the example.  I love how they turned out and am excited to have a larger decoration.  Most of my Valentine's Day stuff is small, and stacked the way this is, it's about 16 inches tall.

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant way of conveying your love message. Thanks for this.

    Sample letters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serena!!! Thank you so much for trying out our project... they look amazing! I am super excited and we will definitely be including you when we do a follow-up post on our letters :) I want to feature anyone who tries them out (so far I have you and one other person!) How long did it take you, out of curiosity? Thanks again for featuring our letters! So happy to have you as a new follower!

    ReplyDelete