Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hello Kitty Headband

My niece was Hello Kitty for Halloween, so I told my sister that I would make some Hello Kitty ears for her.  I tested it out and made a set for my daughter first.  She loved them.  But my niece is 8 years old, so I needed to make it a little bit bigger. 

I don't have a pattern or tutorial for this...I just made it up as I went along.

I drew the shape of the ear I wanted and then traced it onto the fleece, cut out a longer bottom and glued them together with the headband sandwiched in between the layers and then trimmed the extra fleece from the back side of the ear.

The bow is just a sewn rectangle of satin stuffed and then wrapped with a strip of satin to make it a bow (I put a penny in the strip of satin to give it the rounded look on the front...then glued it to the headband.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that funny little face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These Hello Kitty headbands will be a great favor for our guests to take home and play with at my daughter's birthday party!

    Zia
    You won't believe this San Antonio Injury Attorney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, thanks for sharing, Buy custom bath bomb printed boxes at wholesale prices by TheCosmeticBoxes - UK. Get a big discount on custom bath bomb packaging boxes. Free design & shipping. Get Your's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future Printed candle boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was in 1970, just over 50 years ago, that I first used a computer. I had requested 300 students to fill a
    long questionnaire for my undergraduate thesis in psychology, and when it came time to examine the data,
    I realized that using a calculator would take me months. A professor offered that I utilize a computer and that
    he would be willing to teach me Basic, a programming language. I slipped a large stack of punch cards into a mainframe
    card reader a few weeks later, and hundreds of analyses were done in 90 seconds. Computers, I decided,
    could be a major deal.






    Implementing the Trivergence

    ReplyDelete