Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wooden Winter Decor

I know it's not winter or even close to Christmas yet, but I like making Christmas time crafts randomly throughout the year or whenever I get the idea.

I bought these wooden letters at Jo-Anns and used my favorite craft accessory . . . mod podge . . . to apply the scrapbook paper to the fronts.

After they are dry enought that the paper doesn't slide around on the letter, use sandpaper to scuff and antique the edges of the paper. Once you're satisified with the look, paint a coat of modpodge on top of the letters to seal the paper.

Once it's all dry, add embellishments. I used fake snow, wooden snowflakes and ribbon.

I've also done words like this for Halloween and Easter so far. I love to put them on my fireplace mantle (or somewhere higher up so that my toddler can't pull them down to chew on them).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Serena!

    I’m one of the Editors at AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com and I just wanted to let you know that I have linked to your project on our site. You can see the project here: http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/Winter-Paper-Crafts/Let-It-SNOW-Wooden-Letters
    I think it’s a great project that our readers will just love to make! This will easily bring traffic to your site and allow others to see what’s new on your site.

    We're hoping that by reaching out we'll hear back from you. With that said, can we have permission to link to any project on your site as well as use the image, with credit to you, of course?

    Also, we would love it if you would include a link back from your site to ours. Whether it’s on your blog roll, in an “As Featured On” section, a quick link from the original blog post, or a new blog post, any shout-out would be appreciated! If you do post a link, please shoot me a quick email to let me know.
    Thanks!

    Jessica Farris
    jfarris@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete