Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Project Fail...don't spray paint styrofoam

I wanted to make a wreath for Christmas and spent a long time getting it ready . . . then I ruined it.  I spent forever gluing the styrofoam balls to a wreath form.  I wanted red, but only had yellow on hand, so I went at it thinking I would spray paint it red - awesome idea right?  Nope - here's what it looked like yellow . . . (just image that as red and hanging with a pretty ribbon and some felt/fabric flower embelishments.)

And here's what happend when I spray painted it. . . 

Spray paint melts styrofoam!!! It didn't melt the wreath form, but it was a different kind of styrofoam.  Next time, I'll spray paint the wreath form red, and then use red styrofoam balls.

1 comment:

  1. You can spray paint foam you just have to make sure that it is a craft spray paint. I made a Lego Mini Figure costume for my son for Halloween and we spray painted foam yellow. I bought the paint at Michael's.

    ReplyDelete