- The white fabric was canvas and the blue was a soft type of denim - I wanted it to have some stability and I wouldn't have gotten that with standard cotton
- I traced a bowl to get the circle shape, and then slid the bowl to each side to trace the line where I wanted the red stitches to go
- I used embroidery floss to hand stitch the baseball lines
- I used wonder under to applique the letters and stars and top stitched around the edge of the letters
- Each baseball and pennant has a back side that I top stitched to the front to hide the stitching on the back of it
- Before I sewed the backs to the fronts, I pinned the twine in place and then sewed through it when I stitched the backs and fronts together.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I made this banner for a friend's baby shower. She's decorating his room in sports theme, so I thought it would be a great decoration for the baby shower and his room. I decided to make it out of fabric instead of paper so that it would have a longer life.