Friday, February 11, 2011

Burp Cloths

I wanted to try making these burp cloths when my daughter was born, but now she's not "burp cloth" age, so I made these for a friend.  I took some "pre-fold" cloth diapers and sewed a strip of flannel to the front to make it cuter.
I just measured the size for the strip of fabric and added a little for folding the edge under, like so...

Then sew into place.  I opted for a decorative stitch that looked just like baseball stitching.  If you are using dark thread, it will show on the back, so make sure your stitch looks nice from the back too.  Some look messy on the back side, so I would suggest to test it on a scrap of fabric first.

I didn't get a picture, but I made a receiving blanket out of the same fabric as well - with rounded corners and the same decorative stitch around the edges.  The blanket was made the same as this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment