Wednesday, June 16, 2010

4th of July Dress

So . . . Dana MADE me do it . . . Using her pattern and instructions, I made a dress for my daughter out of her Warhol Dress.

I turned this men's shirt into a 6-12 month dress for my daughter. I fits her perfectly except the shoulder strap (the one that doesn't tie) is too loose, so I need to shorten that. Otherwise, the length and shape is perfect. It looks adorable on her.

I applique'd stars on the dress with wonder under. After the white neck line was added, it needed something else to help tie the white all together. I also used red thread to top stitch around the stars.

I also did three rows of topstitching with red thread on the neck tie as well.
Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I might need to make one for my new niece... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. It's super cute. I wish I could sew well. I'm not very good at sewing, I need more practice, a teacher and lots of patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! My daughter would love one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your blog! You have such cute ideas! I'm definitely a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great upcycle idea! I wish I had daughters to sew that for. Maybe I'll have to take Kelli's idea and make one for one of my neices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute--I love upcycling! I love having a son, but projects like this make me wish I had a little girl to sew for, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, if only I had a little girl! This dress is SO cute. Love the colors, the white band at the neck, and the stars. It just screams summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable, I wish I had more time to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Dana Made me do it! She really should make that a button! Cute dress! Great colors :)

    ReplyDelete