Monday, June 7, 2010

Hand-Made Baby Quilt

My Grandma makes the most amazing quilts. This is her latest (I just got it last night). This is the Baby Quilt she made for my Daughter. And the thing I love about her quilts is that they are 100% hand sewn. She doesn't use a sewing machine for a single stitch. That's a labor of love!!
Another fun thing about this quilt is that some of the pink pieces are scraps left over from the twin-sized quilt she made me when I was 10 years old.

Here's a close up of some the applique and stitching. And she did a light scalloped edge around the whole quilt - which is about 45"x45"



3 comments:

  1. cute quilt. That is a labor of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is amazing and so cute. What a treasure to have for your daughter. Love your blog. Can't wait to make the little chair thing for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete