Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Decorated Stars

I bought this star chain last year on clearance and just finally got around to finishing it. At least it's in time for the 4th of July. The star chain came in a rusted brown finish (they're metal). But I don't decorate with browns, so it didn't match my decor. I painted it a creamy white and mod podged scrapbook paper to each separate point. It took me forever to get 2 templates (one for each size star). I had to make several of them before I got it right. I left space between each paper and the edges so that the paint would show through.

Once I got the top coat on it, I added ribbon to the ends to secure it to the mantle.

4 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! It turned out great!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your creative way of decorating your metal star garland. I absolutely love garlands and this one in red, white and blue scrapbook paper is so snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the star garland? I don't think I've ever seen them before.....It was metal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pyxierose...I found the star garland at Ben Franklin (but it was 2+ years ago) so I'm not sure if they would still have it if you have a Ben Franklin by you.

    ReplyDelete