-placemat (I got mine at Wal-Mart for under $2)
- fold your placemat in half and notch out 1.5" on each corner (unfolded, you'll have a 1.5"x3" rectangle cut out of the middle of each side
- measure and cut the ribbon for the decoration and handles (measurments will depend on how long you want your handles)
- on the front of the placemat, sew the handles on first, then sew on the ribbon stripe to cover the edges of the handle on each end
- fold right sides together and sew down both sides of the placemat
- with the bag inside out, fold each notched corner together so if forms a straight line and sew that line closed (making a boxed corner)
- turn right side out and enjoy!
Optional - you can add more embelishments - I added a fake flower to the front by hand stitching it into place.