Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Swarm of Bats

I saw this idea on MADE, but decided I wanted a different style of bat.  I wanted a little more of a kid friendly shape instead of a more realisitic one.  And I already had the template from making my banner last year.  Here is the link to this bat if you want it.

After cutting out about 8 small bats by hand, I was done with that technique.  I traced the bat shape on my computer and imported it into sure-cuts-a-lot to cut it out on my cricut.  WAY faster!

Since we've moved into this house (almost a year ago) I still haven't figured out what I want to do with the huge vaulted space above the tv. . . so for now, it's home to a lot of bats.  I even wrapped them around the corner and down the hallway a little bit. 

Any bets on if my husband even notices them when he gets home?  :)

6 comments:

  1. Love them!!! my husband would just roll his eyes & keep walking.. good luck w/yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too. They're fun! I'll bet the kids notice them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it almost been a year?! Those are super cute! I've never heard of that program for your cricut. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Hey, what if you put up a super long shelf (or even a straight 2x4 molding) and hide a strip of lights behind it? You could even paint the holding or vaulted part a different color. Hmmmm, decorating is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I really like this idea, I came across it from a google images. Do you happen to still have the trace of the bats? I'd really like to make my own and I can't find a good bat to even trace and I'm no good at drawing. This would really help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DubbaJohnny - The link to the bat template is in the 1st paragraph of the post above... just click on the word "bat" and it will take you to the template.

    ReplyDelete