Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Shower gifts

I already posted the self-binding receiving blanket I made for my sister-in-law.  Here are a couple other things I made her as well:

Tie Onesie - There are 2 patterns I like here and here. . . one is smaller and works better on infant onesies and the other is a bit bigger and works best on 12month + sizes in my experience.  I don't remember which one I used this time since I just have the patterns cut out and use them over and over.
Denim Baby Book - more info here.  I love the piping added around the edges - it gives it a softer look.  And Kari had given me some of my brother's old shirts to re-purpose, so I used them in the applique shapes of the book.  How fun is that - the baby will have a book made from his dad's old clothes!

4 comments:

  1. These turned out fantastic! Just made my first batch of burp cloths yesterday and the sewing baby stuff bug has hit big, adding these to my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Thanks for all the links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Serena! I love them both! You really did an awesome job :) It's so cool to see parts of Nathan's shirts in the book.

    P.S. I linked my baby shower post to your projects: http://kariandnathan.blogspot.com/2011/03/showered-with-love.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Baby Shower Gifts

    ReplyDelete