Friday, February 19, 2010

Colorized and Brighter Ceiling Fan

My son's room had a ceiling fan, and it looked boring and plain, so I decided to spruce it up. I disassembled it, and Mod Podged scrapbook paper to the fan blades. I also added a stripe of another color to cover up the paper seam since each blade was longer than the sheets of paper. The fan blades are 2 sided, so I only mod podged the ugly fake wood side and left the plain white side alone, so if I don't want the color anymore, I can just flip them over if the the paper doesn't come off clean.

7 comments:

  1. I love it! It is soo fun and colorful! I did this in my sewing room and now I love looking up at my ceiling :)


    http://getyourcrafton.blogspot.com/2009/09/rooty-tute-tuesday-mod-podge-ceiling.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! The more I see people doing this the more I am tempted to do it in my little one's room. I love your solution for hiding the paper seam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great fan!!! I just love your blog!
    I have an award for you:
    http://christinathesassyscrapper.blogspot.com/2010/02/awwwbeautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing!! When Alex and I get a house in the future, could you help us to decorate our new home?? you have a amazing skills!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! I've been meaning to Mod Podge some fabric to my daughter's fan for like a year now. Maybe this will inspire me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea. Going to have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I am going to have to paint the fan in my studio... I'm thinking purple would work perfect! Thanks for sharing your cute blog! Vicki

    ReplyDelete